In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
Philip Webb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Most people complain that KDE allows too much user configurability
> (smile). Assuming KDE 3.5.5 (or fairly recent),

It is KDE 3.5.5.  After install, I looked through all the control center
options, and I was impressed -- it's still a lot, but it seems much more
understandable than the last time I had a look, c. 3.2.x.

> open the KDE Control Centre, goto  Desktop -> Behaviour -> General
> -> Mouse Button Actions ; opposite the button of your choice ( R for
> you ) open the list & choose 'Custom Menu 1', which lights up the
> corresponding 'edit' button; click on that to get 'menu editor',
> click 'new' for 'choose application' & finally enter "apwal" in the
> entry box; click 'ok' there & 'apply' back in the KDE Control Centre
> display & it should work.

Heh, I did do that before settling on xbindkeys.  Opening a menu to
then launch apwal was too much clicking for me. ;)  When I am using the
mouse, my left hand is usually hanging out near the ctrl key anyway, so
binding to ctrl+rtclick is more comfortable than I though it would be.

> 'apwal' is a joke by its French creator: 'à poil' =
> 'bareback' (riding).

Aha, thanks.  I think after a day of usage, I am now an apwal
evangelist, so that's good to know.  Thanks for all your help.

--
»Q«