Here is the hardware of my machine which I got it from Windows:
CPU:
Intel(R) Xeon (TM)CPU 3.0GHz
Intel(R) Xeon (TM)CPU 3.0GHz(双核)
Disk driver:
HP LOGICAL VOLUME SCSI DISK DEVICE
Ethernet:
HP NC7782 Gigabit  server Adapter
Video card:
RAGE XL PCI Family

2007/1/1, Rod <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Chuanwen Wu wrote:

> 2006/12/31, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
>> On Sunday 31 December 2006 05:38, "Chuanwen Wu" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> wrote
>> about '[gentoo-user] install CD of Hewlett-Packard server':
>> > I want to install gentoo in my Hewlett-Packard server.It's my first
>> > time to install linux in a server.I want to know that which *.iso I
>> > should download and burn into the CD?
>>
>> HP has sold (at least) 2 different architectures in their server lines.
>> What CPU does the system have, or if you don't know, what's the model
>> number?
>
> The cpu is Intel 3.0G,Dual core.

    You will want the Live ISO image for a x86 install.
I have tried to install with "livecd-i686-installer-2006.1.iso".First
time,my machine can enter gnome,but in the way of the installing the
error occure(when installing grub):

BootloadError:FATAL:__map_device_to_grub_device:ERROR,
could not map /dev/cciss/c0d0 to anything in the device map

Then I couldn't enter the livecd anymore.Everytime I boot from the
livecd,my machine would stop at :
coldpluging pci devices

even after I switched another CD-ROM.

Now ,what should I do? Burn another liveCD?Or.................

    The HPPA won't run on x86,  but it will run on he PA8000 cpu arch,
the same CPU as  the  HP Visualize C180 I have sitting here.

     The Intel 3.0G Dual Core? Hmmm, that would be the 3.0G -D
processor, as I don't know of any "Duo Core" hitting or exceeding 3GHz,
I have a E6600 Duo core, and it will run the x86-32 and x86-64 arch's

Expert your advices!

--
Happy New Year!
wcw