MySQL - Paid (Enterprise Edition), Paid Support
MySQL Community - Free (Personal Edition), Community Support

On 1/2/07, kashani <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Jerry McBride wrote:
> Can someone tell me the major differences between mysql and
mysql-community?

> Thank you, in advance...
>
> P.S. before you beat me up too badly, I've googled this one to death and
not
> found anything that satisfies my curiousity.

The answer at the moment appears to be that there is no difference.

http://www.mysqlperformanceblog.com/2006/12/29/where-to-get-recent-mysql-version/

However it looks like in the future the code paths will start to diverge.

Here's a bit more about the upcoming split.
http://www.planetmysql.org/kaj/?p=64

Ramin