On 1/3/07, Alan McKinnon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Wednesday 03 January 2007 13:58, Nelson, David (ED, PAR&D) wrote:

> > is it possible to build seamonkey without the whole updating
> > (and check-for-update) stuff ?
> >

> > thx
>
> emerge sync && emerge -u seamonkey
>
> That's the only way I can think of ....

Seamonkey (and Mozilla/Netscape/Firefox) seem to have written so that
the update ability is hard coded into them and is not an option.

At least that's what the ebuild and USE flags tell me, and I'm way to
lazy to investigate the Mozilla build system to get a definite answer.
Besides, it's probably a horrific build system. And also besides, the
update code portion probably isn't that big.

What Enrico needs to do is download SeaMonkey and build it like normal,
then deactivate the auto-update stuff in Preferences

alan