At the risk of maybe coming off as slightly rude (not my intention!) -
why not? It is the simplest solution to make sure the kernels don't
interfere with each other.

You could try playing with the makefile I guess - there should be some
sort of instruction in there to tell it where to put the kernel. I would
have a look myself if I had a copy of the kernel stuff to hand.

David "On a Windows 2000 workstation... boo" Nelson

Note: These views are my own, advice is provided with no guarantee of
success. I do not represent anyone else in any emails I send to this
list.