In the case of some drivers (such as intel hd audio) I have found the userspace
drivers to be far superior to the kernel modules which gave poor sound quality,
incredibly low volume even when turned fully up, and frequent distortion.

David

Note: These views are my own, advice is provided with no guarantee of success.
I do not represent anyone else in any emails I send to this list.