2007/1/5, Neil Walker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Chuanwen Wu wrote:
> My problem is the grub can't find my partition or even disk.So now,
> when I press tab key, there is not any notation appearing.That I
> think,because grub can't detect my disk.
>
> /dev/cciss is a kind of Logic Volume Manager(LVM).I don't know how
> exactly it works.
It sounds to me like you have a Compaq SmartArray. You CAN get one of
those to work but you will have to jump through a few hoops. The
experiences of one person who did it are here:

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-10380-highlight-compaq+proliant.html
Thank you.Your link help me a lot!

I install my grub in another way:
First,I write a line "(hd0) /dev/cciss/c0d0" to /boot/grub/device.map.
then :
#grub --device-map /boot/grub/device.map
root (hd0,1)
setup (hd0)
quit
/dev/cciss/c0d0p2 is my /boot partition.

But after I rebooted,the error was:

Invalid system disk
Replace the disk,and then press any key.

Now,I can't boot any OS and can't even enter the grub menu.

Be lucky,
Neil

Best regards,
wcw