qfpvajdy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm interessted to buy a laptop on which I would like to install
> Gentoo GNU/Linux by using 100% all hardware functions of the laptop
> for which I have bought.

I've just installed Gentoo on a Sony VAIO VGN-FS740, and I recommend
against it.  Almost everything in it is well-supported, but one of the
most important things is a PiTA.  Sony uses some unusual system to
handle power management, and there are things the drivers available
with the kernel will not handle.  Most notably, I could not get control
of LCD brightness without installing a driver which is (a) not in
portage and (b) AFAICT not in most distros' repositories.  If someone
hadn't published a portage overlay for it, I would still be struggling
with it.  From what I've read (which was a lot more than I wanted to,
this is the situation with most (all?) of Sony's FS models.