On 1/10/07, Neil Bothwick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Tue, 9 Jan 2007 10:09:46 -0500, Mark Shields wrote:

> "=dev-lang/php-4.4.4-r8 ~x86" is excessive. "=dev-lang/php-4.4.4-r8" is
> all that is needed for the package.keywords file.

You are assuming that make.conf contains ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="x86", this may
not be the case.

Omitting the arch from package.keywords is a special case that may not
always apply. It is better to be specific than rely on assumptions...
unless those four bytes of disk space are critical

--
Neil Bothwick

Indeed, I've been paranoid on occasions where the situation I wasn't
sure what i would get, so just to be certain ( im using
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86" and i got sick of the kernel updating so often
) I did

=sys-kernel/gentoo-sources-2.6 x86 -~x86

its probably a little non-standard, but at least theres no real ambiguity.

like an idiot.

--
/<ent Fredric
(aka theJackal)