On 1/9/07, Mick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Monday 08 January 2007 00:25, Willie Wong wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 07, 2007 at 10:17:59PM +0000, Penguin Lover Jorge Almeida
squawked:
> > Not really all kind of completion, but I noticed that it froze on
> > trivial completions (the kind that should work even without
> > bash-completion).
>
> Hold on, so the command completions, like say tar <tab><tab> giving
> you A c d r t u x actually works, but filename completion doesn't?
> (It might help pin point the problem.)
>
> > I won't be able to access my home box for a few days. I will try all
> > your suggestions then.

Not sure if this helps:  I do not have bash-completion emerged in my system
and I am running bash-3.1_p17.  The relevant bash line in my .bashrc looks
slightly different to Jorge's:
##uncomment the following to activate bash-completion:
#[ -f /etc/profile.d/bash-completion ] &&
source /etc/profile.d/bash-completion
(note the single "[" brackets) and it is commented out.  Nevertheless, bash
completion seems to work fine both in completing commands and filenames and
in listing options if more than one alternative is present.
--
Regards,
Mick

Interesting to note, with Bash-3.2 & 2006-03-01 Bash-Completion,
you'll find if you check your latest /etc/skel/.bashrc which is
provided to new users now completely lacks the bash completion line,
and upon merging of that 20060301 bash completion it notifies you that
"hey, you dont need to even do that anymore cos we thought it was
kludgy" and tells you just to do an
eselect bashcomp enable base
but I cant vouch for that actually working :/

--
/<ent Fredric
(aka theJackal)