On Tuesday 09 January 2007 19:00, Bruno Lustosa wrote:

> If I could, I would leave nvidia forever, but I guess there are no
> better (or less worse) alternative, so I must stick to these crappy
> drivers.
> Also, this seems to have started after I had to replace nvidia-drivers
> with nvidia-legacy-drivers.

since the problems also appear with nv (but not as severe), I would not blame
nvidia, but minefield.

You should got to the nvidia forum and ask there.

But first, what card would you use, if you don't choose nvidia?

AMD/ATI? With the latest cards not even 2D is possible anymore. And their
drivers really suck.