Reordered for readability...

On Friday 26 January 2007 04:48, Statux wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-01-25 at 19:05 -0600, »Q« wrote:
> > I think you need update-eix.  dbus-1.0.2 has been stable on x86 since
> > 21 January.
>
> update-eix fixed the one issue. I don't usually run update-eix (though I
> did recently) because I swear it seems to catch a lot of changes on its
> own :-)

update-eix needs to be run every time you sync. What it catches by itself
though is changes to your installed packages.

> > I expect the revdep-rebuild people have suggested will solve your
> > trouble with gnome-session.
>
> revdep-rebuild was run immediately after but gnome-session failed to
> link with any other version of dbus. I even removed gnome-session and
> manually checked for loose copies on the system but found nothing. I
> reinstalled it and it still wasn't happy.

My best guess is that revdep-rebuild tried to recompile broken packages in the
wrong order. I.e. something else needed to be recompiled before
gnome-session. If you upgrade again, make sure dbus-glib is installed and
show us the output of `revdep-rebuild -i -vp` we may even be able to tell you
which... Of course for now you can also just be happy with dbus-0.62 and keep
the mask until you actually need a later dbus...

And please stop top-posting.

--
Bo Andresen