Albert Hopkins wrote:
> You didn't do something crazy like put "-static" in your CFLAGS did you?

No, I don't have it in my CFLAGS:
grep CFLA /etc/make.conf
CFLAGS="-march=pentium2 -mmmx -pipe -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer"
CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"

(yes it's an old Compaq Pentium II @400MHz with 128MB RAM serving it's
last days as a gateway)

...but I do have "static" in mu USE flags. Forgotten there for may be a
year or so when I wanted a static busybox for init-fs. Until now I never
had problems with that system - every day it gets synced and almost
everyday I do "emerge -DuN world". I don't see "static" USE flag showing
up in python and I guess its disabled by the ebuild:

emerge -pv python
Calculating dependencies ... done!
[ebuild   R   ] dev-lang/python-2.4.3-r4  USE="gdbm ncurses readline ssl
-berkdb -bootstrap -build -doc -ipv6 -nocxx -tk -ucs2" 0 kB

Is this USE flag a problem?

--
Best regards,
Daniel