Hi

emerged coreutils up to 6.4 and the '-x' option on du seems broken,
e.g.:

root>  du --version
du (GNU coreutils) 5.94

root>  du -s -x DVBig Docs.bak Gimp.bak
16730112  DVBig
1935776   Docs.bak
1227584   Gimp.bak

so all correct with the old version, these are three simple directories
on the one file system. Now emerge to coreutils 6.4...

root>   du --version
du (GNU coreutils) 6.4

root>   du -s -x DVBig Docs.bak Gimp.bak
16730112   DVBig
32         Docs.bak
32         Gimp.bak

so it seems that for the second and any subsequent arguments treated as
on a different file system... eg if I swap the arguments order:

root>   du -s -x Docs.bak DVBig Gimp.bak
1935776     Docs.bak
32          DVBig
32          Gimp.bak

if the -x is not used then the output is correct, (same as 5.94)...

thought I would ask here first as I also upgraded most sys related
packages just before coreutils......

anyone else get this?

  Cheers :)
              Rod May <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>