Benno Schulenberg wrote:
> Dale wrote:

>>> Then I noticed that when I open a
>>> large file, like say emerge.log, that Kwrite locks up and takes
>>> my CPU to almost 100% when I try to scroll to the bottom.
>>>

> Same thing here.  I remember seeing this bug before, and think it
> was solved at some point by an upgrade of kdelibs.  Or maybe it was
> never fixed and I simply don't use Kate or Kwrite on large files
> any more.

Well, when I went back a version of Kate it went back a version of
kdelibs too as a depenancy.

>> Well, I guess nobody else has one doing this.
>>

> Perhaps no one replied because you're not saying which versions of
> KWrite and Xorg and so on you're using, and weren't providing the
> basic emerge --info either.

Actually I did.  I suspect you missed my first email.  It contained what
version of kdelibs and kate I was using and my emerge --info too.  I
have seen this discussed about missing emails.

>> I went back to a older version and it works fine.
>>

> Which older version of what?
>
> Benno

This is what I went back too.

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] / # emerge -pv kdelibs kate

> Calculating dependencies... done!
> [ebuild     U ] kde-base/kdelibs-3.5.6-r2 [3.5.5-r7] USE="acl alsa
> arts cups doc fam jpeg2k spell ssl tiff -avahi -debug -kdeenablefinal
> -kdehiddenvisibility -kerberos -legacyssl -lua -openexr -utempter
> -xinerama -zeroconf" LINGUAS="-he" 15,186 kB
> [ebuild     U ] kde-base/kate-3.5.6 [3.5.5-r1] USE="arts -debug
> -kdeenablefinal -kdehiddenvisibility -xinerama" 23,589 kB
>
> Total size of downloads: 38,776 kB
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] / #

That version works fine.  May have to stick with it until it gets
fixed.  I'm not sure it is a bug but would file if some guru says I should.

Thanks

Dale

--
www.myspace.com/dalek1967