On 2/11/07, Jeff Rollin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi list,

I am having trouble when compiling things on Gentoo. When I start a compile,
it goes partway through and then reboots the machine (I can't confirm it's
due to a compile but it seems likely since I have been compiling things each
of the times this has happened.

One thing that might be causing the problem (?) is that last time I compiled
the kernel I stupidly left out ACPI support.

Any ideas?

TIA,

Jeff

I would go with Hammann with
"Make sure, that it is overheating and not a weak/dying PSU."

Many people neglect to realise how important a decent PSU is, and how
major an effect it can have on systems. A dodgy PSU in my experience
can do everything from -CAUSING- overheating, to random shutoffs, and
MURDERING hard drives.
I had one which killed 3 Hard Drives before I realised thats what the
problem was, and the last hard drive was so cooked it didn't even spin
up.

--
Kent
ruby -e '[1, 2, 4, 7, 0, 9, 5, 8, 3, 10, 11, 6, 12, 13].each{|x|