Hi all,

Kernel 2.6.20-gentoo

My various /dev/loop/* devices used to always JustWork, until a recent
update. Unfortunately I can't tell when the breakage happened.

Right now what happens is I don't get these devices automatically
and 'mount - o loop' fails. A simple 'modprobe loop' fixes this, the
kernel is configured as I've been using it for ages:

config-2.6.20-gentoo:CONFIG_BLK_DEV_LOOP=m
config-2.6.20-gentoo:CONFIG_KMOD=y

Oddly, I never had 'loop' in /etc/modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.6 before
(I do now), anyone know of a recent change that would cause this?

alan

--
Optimists say the glass is half full,
Pessimists say the glass is half empty,