Now when I did ifconfig, its not showing me eth0

Ryan Curtin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 05:00:21PM
-0800, Harbir Singh Hundal wrote:
>   Hi!
>
> I have build the system, with kernel-2.6, and during the instillation
> I have emerged dhcpcd, but my internet is not working.
>
> When I do # ifconfig I can see the assigned IP 192.168.0.2 for eth0,
> and I am using a router as a gateway with address 192.168.0.1
>
> I am able to ping 192.168.0.1, but when I try to ping www.google.com
> or any other site it gives the message "unknown Host".
>
> I don’t know what to do now, any sort of help will be appreciated.

It would seem to me that your DHCP server is not set correctly.  Can you
post your /etc/resolv.conf?  That would help.  Also, try pinging
216.239.51.99.  This is the IP of www.google.com.

Ryan Curtin
[EMAIL PROTECTED]