On Mon, 5 Mar 2007 23:04:34 +0800, Mark David Dumlao wrote:

> > This means either =sys-libs/libstdc++-v3-3.3* or =sys-devel/gcc-3.3*.
> > If neither is installed the first listed will be used. this indicates
> > that you already have gcc-3.3* installed. If you have nothing that
> > needs it (very few packages fail to compile on 4.1 now), you can
> > unmerge gcc-3.3 and the next emerge world will install
> > sys-libs/libstdc++ instead.
>

> hey thanks.  So I think the more elegant solution is to install
> sys-libs/libstdc++,
> unmerge my overlayed virtual/libstdc++, delete my overlayed
> virtual/libstdc++,
> then reemerge --oneshot virtual/libstdc++ again, this time using the
> one in the
> portage tree.

Do you already have sys-libs/libstdc++ installed? If you had, you
wouldn't need GCC 3.3. In fact, I have a feeling the packages are mutually
exclusive as both provide libstdc++. Just remove your overlayed version,
remove any installed versions of gcc-3.3* and update world again.

> I don't think I can just delete my overlay before then
> or it might
> fess up unmerging.

It won't. unmerging doesn't use the ebuild in the portage tree but the
one saved in /var/db/pkg when the package was merged.

--
Neil Bothwick

I don't work here. I'm a consultant.