On Monday 05 March 2007 21:43:03 Matthew R. Lee wrote:
> When I click on a URL in an email it opens a new Konqueror window.  However
> I have it set in my Konqueror configuration to "Open as tab in existing
> Konqueror when URL is called externally"  I've looked through the KMail
> configuration settings but I can't find anywhere to change this.  Is there
> a way?

This has been annoying me too. I'm quite interested if anybody knows a better
way to fix it but I've worked around it by setting /usr/local/bin/konqueror
as my Web Browser in kcontrol -> KDE Components -> Component Chooser. If you
do the same do remember to make /usr/local/bin/konqueror executable.

$ cat /usr/local/bin/konqueror
#!/bin/bash

SESS="$(/usr/kde/3.5/bin/dcop | sed '/^konqueror/q;d')"

if [[ -z "${SESS}" ]]; then
        /usr/kde/3.5/bin/konqueror "$*"
else
        /usr/kde/3.5/bin/dcop "${SESS}" konqueror-mainwindow\#1 newTab "$*"
fi

--
Bo Andresen