On Tue, 2007-03-06 at 12:15 +0100, Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
> So all you seem to need is to remerge pango before gtk+. The problem here is
> that revdep-rebuild is absolutely clueless when in comes to ordering the
> rebuilds.... Try: http://pastebin.ca/raw/383456

Actually emerge -e is being clueless.  Until Bug #1343 is fixed, I can't
pull the ordering algorithm out of revdep-rebuild.  The algorithm is

* Get the list of packages that need to be rebuilt
* run emerge -e and use the ordering from emerge -e

Not using the algorithm actually causes revdep-rebuild to fail more
often (i.e just handing portage the list of packages to install). So for
now, this is the compromise.

Regards,
Paul