On Wednesday 07 March 2007 19:11:04 Alexander Skwar wrote:
> Alexander Skwar <listen <at> alexander.skwar.name> writes:
> > Now the revdep-rebuild emerge is failing at gnome-base/gnome-mount-0.4-r5
> > with:
>
> FWIW: It's also failing at libgnomeui with:
>
> [...]
> grep: /usr/lib/libXCBRenderUtil.la: No such file or directory
> /bin/sed: can't read /usr/lib/libXCBRenderUtil.la: No such file or
> directory [...]
>
> > Why is it so damn difficult to run revdep-rebuild in this case
> > with XCB?

To give you a full and specific explanation I'd need some more context. For a
somewhat less specific explanation I can tell you that the problem is that it
tries to link against a broken lib. In your original mail it was
the '-lpango-1.0' which made it link against the broken pango library (just
to exemplify what kind of info is needed).

Without that information and without digging through the deps manually you
have a couple of options. One is to try `revdep-rebuild -i --deep`.
Using --deep may result in emerge getting the ordering correct. The other
option is to abuse `emerge --skipfirst` and when done restart with the
rest...

--
Bo Andresen