Abraham,

I think what you may want to do is adjust the DHCP timeout for eth0. For
ethernet devices, it's pretty good to assume that if after 10 seconds it
doesn't receive DHCP it probably wont. So on my laptop, in /etc/conf.d/net
I have:

dhcpcd_eth0="-t 10"

Which will timeout eth0 after 10 seconds, thus making the system boot time
faster.

Now what you can do to solve the wlan0 problem is:

1. Add ndiswrapper to /etc/modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.# (whatever # your
kernel is, either 2.4 or 2.6)
2. cd /etc/init.d/
3. ln -s net.eth0 net.wlan0
4. Edit /etc/conf.d/net to do what you want for the wlan0 interface.

Now, lets assume for a minute that neither interface is able to get valid
DHCP information. I've solved this problem on mine by enabling APIPA
(automatic private IP address) should DHCP fail.

In /etc/conf.d/net you can do that as well. For my eth0 device on my
laptop I have:

config_eth0=( "dhcp" )
dhcpcd_eth0="-t 10"
fallback_eth0=( "apipa" )

Some examples you may want to follow are in the Modular Networking docs here:
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?style=printable&part=4&chap=3

Hope this helps.

- Brian