My son recently started complaining that my replies to his emails caused his
computer to prompt for the system disk and showed up blank.  (He uses Windows
and Outlook, unfortunately.)  If I send him a new email, it works find.  If I
reply to his, it causes problems.

I took a look at my replies to him and found this:

I looked at his email, to which I was replying,  and found:

There is no charset line in his email headers.

Anyone have a clue as to why Kmail might be setting the reply to charset:
iso-8859-6, which is Arabic?  I can't find anything in his emails to cause
this.