Colleen Beamer wrote:
> Dale wrote:
> > Colleen Beamer wrote:
> >>
> >> Is it safe to remove older profiles?
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> Colleen
> >>
> > I think the profiles are updated when you sync, which is why you got
> > that error message.
>
> This is true.
>
>   You may want to either sync again or run emerge
> > --metadata one.  I seem to recall running into this and it can't update
> > the database without that link being correct.  The metadata part should
> > fix it.
>
> Not necessary.  I just recreated the symlink to point to the correct
> profile.  Not rocket science, even for someone like me who does not have
> a formal computer education.  :-)
>
> Thanks for your response.
>
> Regards,
>
> Colleen.

I guess some changes have been made to portage.  When I ran into this a
while back, it error'd out right after the sync process.  I had to
create the new link the run emerge --metadata so that it could finish
processing the database which I guess is part two.

Anyway, glad all is well.

Dale

--
www.myspace.com/-remove-me-dalek1967