Hi again

In the last episode, Jeff Rollin wrote:
JR> Hi Mick
JR>
JR> In the last episode, Mick wrote:
JR> Mi>  If my experience is anything to go by, then there
Mi> may be something wrong with your machine/build.
JR>
JR> Oh joy!
JR>
JR> More likely to be the machine because the build has been working fine
JR> since...forgotten how long. (I do usually still get broken ebuilds but
 not JR> many, and if you're anything to go by a certain amount are
 expected). JR>
JR> I did recently have filesystem corruption on the /var partition but I
 don't JR> see how that could be the cause...since I have emerge --sync'ed
 about three JR> times isn't it unlikely that a disk error would cause the
 same error in the JR> same package in three different --syncs?

JR> Anyway, thanks for the message and congratulations!
JR>
JR> Jeff

I have since re-installed the working version of gcc from scratch (re-download
source, recompile, reinstall, everything) and it works... so the problem is
probably the ebuilds.

Jeff
--
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence
over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled.

Richard Phillips Feynman, American physicist, 11/5/18-15/2/88