On Sat, 7 Apr 2007 12:26:31 -0500 Dan Farrell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thu, 05 Apr 2007 21:07:02 +0200
> Tony Stohne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Mick said the following on 2007-04-05 19:07:
> > | Hmm, neither less not cat give me color output.  Passing --color=y
> > to either
> > | tells me things like:
> > | ==============================
> > | There is no color=y option ("less --help" for help)
> > | ==============================
> > |
> > | I also tried --color but it's all still shown in black & white.
> > | How
> > do you
> > | pipe a file and get it to show in color?  Am I missing something
> > | in my .bashrc or elsewhere?
> >

> > That should do the trick :)
> >
> > //Regards Tony
> >
> > PS. Have a nice Easter everyone!
> Hey tony,  maybe this is beyond your control, or maybe you don't care,
> and if not i respect your autonomy in such matters, but your reply
> block punctuation character '|' defeats the very helpful colorization
> of my and many other browsers that use the usual '>' character to
> identify reply text.  It makes your letters nearly unreadable.
> respects, - dan

I use Sylpheed Claws as you do and colours work fine here. You can
define '|' as quotation character in Configuration --> Preferences -->
Compose --> Quoting. Just set ">|" as quotation characters and both '>'
and '|' will be recognised and properly colourised.

Cheers,
Renat

--
Probleme kann man niemals mit derselben Denkweise loesen,
durch die sie entstanden sind.