Norberto Bensa wrote:
> Daniel da Veiga wrote:
>
>> On 4/15/07, Norberto Bensa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> Not true. 2006.1 doesn't boot on my hardware.

>>> We (I) need 2007.0 ASAP.
>>>
>> Just get any old version (that works),
>>

> That's the point. None works. The media needs kernel 2.6.18 or better.
>
> I can use Knoppix or Ubuntu, but that's not the point.

Maybe some are not understanding the point he is making.  If I
understand correctly, he needs a newer release so that when he boots the
CD to do a install, it will see his hardware.  It would appear that the
2006 series is not seeing some hardware, whatever that is, and he needs
a newer version to get it to see his hardware to do the install.  I
don't think he is talking about after the install but trying to start
the install while booted from the CD.

OP, am I getting this right?  That's the way I took it anyway.  Gosh it
is hard to explain in print.  No wonder it takes so long to write a
book.  ;-)

Dale

--
www.myspace.com/-remove-me-dalek1967

Copy n paste then remove the -remove-me- part.