Neil Bothwick wrote:
> Hello Dale,
>

>>> If you're using the KDE automounter, you don't need any fstab entries
>>> for removable devices.
>>>

>> That's what I thought to.  I do however use it for a console session and
>> I use ivman to mount.  I think that is why I had to put that in there.
>> KDE works with it there as well though so I guess it doesn't hurt
>> anything.
>>

> You can use pmount to mount a device from a terminal, which is what KDE
> uses anyway. The main difference that an fstab entry makes is that it can
> change the mount point that would otherwise be used.

What I like about ivman is that it is magic.  LOL  It does it without me
doing anything.  I like that.

>> I also noticed that KDE can read my Canon camera like it is a drive now
>> though.  Not sure how that happened.  I'm not complaining though.
>>

> KDE has been able to do that for a long time. It's not actually mounting
> it as a drive, because Canon cameras don't use usb-storage, but the
> camera:/ ioslave allows you to use it as if it was, via libgphoto2.

I just noticed that though.  It didn't do that a few months ago.  It
would always come up with a empty folder and just sit there.  I still
use gtkam though.  I can rename the file names as they are downloaded
with it.  Be nice if KDE would let you do that the same way.

Dale

:-)  :-)

--
www.myspace.com/-remove-me-dalek1967

Copy n paste then remove the -remove-me- part.