2007/4/29, Benno Schulenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Chuanwen Wu wrote:
> The font is out of the control of my .fonts.conf.  The english
> characters are unclear as you can see in annex e.png.

You mean there is too much anti-aliasing?

> And the
> Chinese characters are even more worse as you can see in annex
> c.png

You mean there is no anti-aliasing at all?  That is what
your .fonts.conf specifies, however.

Try this as your .fonts.conf file, and if it's better, copy the
relevant stuff to your original .fonts.conf.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE fontconfig SYSTEM "fonts.dtd">
<fontconfig>
 <match target="font" >
  <edit mode="assign" name="hinting" >
   <bool>true</bool>
  </edit>
 </match>
 <match target="font" >
  <edit mode="assign" name="hintstyle" >
   <const>hintmedium</const>
  </edit>
 </match>
 <dir>~/.fonts</dir>
 <match target="font" >
  <edit mode="assign" name="rgba" >
   <const>none</const>
  </edit>
 </match>
 <match target="font" >
  <edit mode="assign" name="antialias" >
   <bool>true</bool>
  </edit>
 </match>
</fontconfig>

Thanks for your fonts.conf. But it's not OK yet.
I still guess that the .fonts.conf didn't work in xfce4 .Because when
I switch to  gnome,everything is GOOD,with the same fonts.conf file.
I even create another user to test,but the result is all the
same:gnome is OK but not xfce4,with the same fonts.conf file.

wcw