On 5/7/07, Mick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
When I ssh into a Ubuntu server certain keyboard actions (like pressing the Up
or Left arrows) are not translated on the remote box, but give ASCII
to delete part of the command I just typed to be able to correct it.

How can I set it up so that my Gentoo keyboard presses and behaviour is
reflected on the remote box?  Is it a matter of copying over the .bashrc file
from the Gentoo box?

I *think* this is a termcap/terminfo issue rather than a bash issue.
What does 'echo $TERM' say in your ssh session?

--
Ryan W Sims