--- Dirk Heinrichs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Am Freitag, 11. Mai 2007 schrieb maxim wexler:
> > > Can you post the relevant lines from
> 10.local.rules.
> >
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~ $ cat /etc/udev/rules.d/10*
> >  BUS=="ide", KERNEL=="hdc", SYMLINK+="cdrom",
> > GROUP="cdrom"
> >  BUS=="ide", KERNEL=="hdd", SYMLINK+="dvd",
> > GROUP="cdrom"
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~ $
>
> Maybe you should try adding OPTIONS+="last_rule" to
> stop device node
> generations for CD/DVD devices after your rules.

Awesome! Eyes must have glazed over when I got to that
part.

> > udev-104-r12
>
> Hmm, I'm at 111, but I run ~x86.

That's unreal. I last did a sync on Apr 23 and
upgraded udev the next day. That's like a new version
every other day. I was gonna say I'm running an ~x86
too, meaning an AMD product. Then I noticed the tilde.
Does that make a difference?

Thanks,

Maxim