On Sun, 13 May 2007 21:28:41 +0200 Benno Schulenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Robert Cernansky wrote:
> > and 'mount' command shows:
> >
> > /dev/sda6 on / type ext3 (rw,noatime,usrquota,grpquota)
> >
> > but /proc/mounts does not show noatime option:
> >
> > /dev/root / ext3 rw,data=ordered,usrquota,grpquota 0 0
>
> Hmm, same thing here:
[...]
> During a normal boot an ext2/ext3 root partition gets remounted:
> first it gets mounted read-only in case it needs to be fschecked,
> and then remounted read-write.
>
> I've changed the bootscripts to skip this double step, with the
> unintended effect of not getting all options applied.  (Fixed now.)
> Maybe you did too?

I didn't modified the init scripts. But now I looked what is starting
at boot and found out that / is remounted also during quotacheck - and
this is the one that causes the problem.

I've booted into single user mode and / was mounted correctly. Then
ran quotacheck and after that it was mounted without noatime. So it is
probably quotacheck bug. For now I added 'mount -o remount /' command
to /etc/local.start as a workaround.

Thank you all for your replies.

Robert

--