Am Montag 14 Mai 2007 09:19 schrieb Neil Walker:
> :( Seems my chipset is one of those that doesn't support AHCI.

Hi!

I have a similar controller to yours and did some research recently. It seems
that (allmost) all ICH7 controllers do support AHCI [1]. But I cannot
activate AHCI anywhere in the BIOS. It seems this is due to some limitations
of the BIOS.
There was also a thread on another mailing list where it was suggested to
update the BIOS. I'm currently pondering to do so but I'm not sure about how
safe it is without having a winxp installation... Besides I'm not sure
whether it would help.

[1] http://www.intel.com/support/chipsets/imst/sb/CS-012304.htm