Hi everybody

I just installed apache 2.2.4-r1 on my server. When I try to start it just after it has been emerge I get this error:

# /etc/init.d/apache2 start
* Starting apache2 ...
apache2: apr_sockaddr_info_get() failed for marvin
apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.0.1 for ServerName [ !! ]

when I try to edit the Servername variable in httpd.conf to 'localhost' and start apache again this happens:

marvin joe # /etc/init.d/apache2 start
* Starting apache2 ...                      [!!]

The server obviously don't s start, but I get no error messages and I can't locate the server log (httpd.conf suggest they are located in /usr/lib/apache2/
but htere is no logs there).

Anyone had similar problems and found a solution?

regards Johannes