070518 arnuld wrote:
>> On 5/18/07, Mauro Faccenda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> AFAIK, Gentoo filosophy is about choices.
>> If you want it simple, you can keep it simple.
>> If you don't, you can do it too.
> yep, 99% it was *my* mistake.
> hey.. i did not blame Gentoo in my earlier post.

Yes, Gentoo is for people who want to manage their own box,
make their own choices & learn from their own mistakes.

I installed Gentoo on my machine 031007 & haven't re-installed since:
I check once a week for packages to update (avoid 'emerge world')
& decide how close to the cut/bleeding edges I want to be.
I plan to build a new machine later this year & install Gentoo there too.

Once you get used to it, you'll probably like Gentoo: most people do.
Those who leave usually are very busy in their lives
& simply don't have the time to keep it upto-date.

SUPPORT     ___________//___,  Philip Webb : [EMAIL PROTECTED]