> Enrico Weigelt wrote:
> > The circular dependencies between Xserver and drivers do not come
> > from upstream. They're artificial. If we just want an simple-to-use
> > package which gets the Xserver *and* drivers based on useflags
> > (which IMHO is an good idea), it's quite trivial to do this by an
> > virtual/meta package. I've did it and it works good. You can get
> > it from my overlay via CVS:

That is exactly what the xorg-x11 metapackage is designed to do.
If you don't add in a million USE flags that don't want to play nice,
then it should all compile (in theory).  I say in theory, because
there are always things that can possibly get in the way.  Bugs happen
on occasion.  I am learning how to properly use USE flags myself. ^_^