On Monday 21 May 2007 09:30, Andrew Lowe wrote:
> Hi all,
>       I'm in the process of setting up a linux box as my desktop machine.
> I've got X up and running, am about to do the kde install, but have a
> question regarding "remote" X windows.
>
> SNIP
>
>       Any thoughts on this greatly appreciated,
>
>               Andrew Lowe

Well if you are planning on using KDM as your login prompt and want to get the
remote login prompt not just run a remote application.

1. Open up your kdmrc file located in '/usr/kde/<YOUR KDE VERSION
HERE>/share/config/kdm/'. If you have only one kde installation you can
emacs, nano or vi /usr/kde/*/share/config/kdm/kdmrc

2. Look for this section: [Xdmcp] ( it's somewhere in the end of the config
file )

3. Set 'Enable' to 'True':  Enable=true

That's it, you should be able to see the box in any remote login screen on the
network.

--
Guillermo A. Amaral, CSE
# Free & Open Source Advocate