[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> If I use emerge -f on a package, will it fetch that packaged
> dependencies as well?
>
> For instance, if I use 'emerge -f xorg-x11', will it check the system,
> then download
> everything that it needs to install that package?
>
> If I were to use 'emerge -uf world', would there be a huge number of
> packaged downloaded?
>
> ^_^
>
> ---
> Ken

If you want to make sure you get everything, I would do a emerge  -ef
<package>.  That should get everything needed for sure.  The "e" stands
for emptytree but I always think of it as everything.  If used with the
option world it gets everything needed to recompile the complete
system.  Example:  emerge -ef world

Hope that helps.

Dale

--
www.myspace.com/-remove-me-dalek1967

Copy n paste then remove the -remove-me- part.