On 5/22/07, Daevid Vincent <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I followed this guide:
http://www.pendrivelinux.com/2007/02/12/usb-ubuntu-tutorial-for-linux-us
ers/#more-117

Reading that, I wonder where "Gentoo" fits in... It even uses a Ubuntu
LiveCD to CREATE the system...

However, nothing "saves" !!!? As in nothing is persistent. I can create
the file and see it in the directory, edit it, and all that jazz. But
upon a reboot, it's gone!?

I never used Ubuntu, neither tried this tutorial, but I've read it,
and there's something about a read/write partition being used to
retain stuff you change, are you sure you followed the guide
completely, including making and formatting that special partition?

--
Daniel da Veiga
Computer Operator - RS - Brazil