On 5/24/07, Allan Gottlieb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I have a core 2 duo (dell 6400), which is currently running x86.
I am thinking of setting up another partition and dual booting amd64.

My question concerns sharing some directories between the two
(naturally only one is active at a time).

In particular can I share

* distfiles (DISTDIR)
* logs (PORT_LOGDIR)
* tmp (PORTAGE_TMPDIR)