I've a few vaguely related questions.  I'm an Emacs user from a decade
ago - and have recently returned to using it... I'm trying to set it up
as a useful modern development environment.  I'd have chosen Eclipse, or
something like that, if it wasn't for a constraint that I need it to
work remotely (in a terminal) without resorting to X; VNC etc.

There are two things I'd like to do, but on which I'm not getting very
far very fast... I'd be interested to know if other Gentoo users have
any hints or tips.

I'd really like to have "Intellisense"-like behaviour - i.e. I've
entered an object name when editing C++ - and I want to see a list of
methods/attributes for that object... then, having chosen one, I want to
see the arguments and types it requires.  I'm aware of [CE]tags - though
understand this facility to be somewhat more basic.  I've read a little
about Semantic, and I've installed app-emacs/semantic from portage...
but can't see how to encourage it to do what I want.  Any hints?

The other thing I'd like to do is allow cursor positioning by clicking
with a mouse.  I realise that this isn't traditionally considered
possible... but I'd like a facility in my terminal window a bit like gpm
on the linux console.  Is this viable today?