From: "Daevid Vincent" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 01:37:20 -0700
To: gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org
Subject: [gentoo-user] Ebuilds for the following packages are either all masked
or don't exist

>Calculating world dependencies -
>!!! Ebuilds for the following packages are either all masked or don't
>exist:
>net-analyzer/ntop net-www/gentoo-webroot-default
>media-fonts/font-bitstream-75dpi net-analyzer/bwm-ng virtual/x11
>media-video/came media-fonts/font-adobe-utopia-100dpi
>media-fonts/font-bitstream-100dpi
>
>When I see this message, is the short answer, "emerge --unmerge" each of
>them because they're just dead packages?
>
>--

-------

Well, the answer is that the packages exist but they are masked. You are
without a doubt using some older versions no longer in portage, and the
versions that are in portage are masked, while yours were stable when you
installed them. Add the packages to /etc/portage/package.keywords and they
should be possible to update.

Or you can unmerge them if you want to.

-Kristian Poul Herkild