Hi,  All,

Since upgrading madwifi-ng a few days ago, I have had massive problems
with my wireless connection.  I use wpa_supplicant to connect, but I've
found that the madwifi-ng upgrade also installs wireless-tools, and the
presence of wireless-tools interferes with my attempts to connect via
wpa_supplicant.  Here's what happens when I try to upgrade "world":

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~--> emerge -ptDuNv world

These are the packages that would be merged, in reverse order:

Calculating world dependencies... done!
[nomerge      ] net-wireless/wpa_supplicant-0.5.7  USE="dbus madwifi qt3
readline ssl -gnutls -gsm -qt4"
[nomerge      ]  net-wireless/madwifi-ng-0.9.3.1  USE="-injection"
[ebuild  N    ]   net-wireless/wireless-tools-28  USE="-multicall -nls" 249
kB

Total: 1 package (1 new), Size of downloads: 249 kB

If wireless-tools is installed, I cannot connect to my wireless router.
If I uninstall wireless-tools, everything works fine and I can connect.

Why does emerge want to install wireless-tools?  What can I do to
prevent wireless-tools from being installed?

Thanks for your help.

John Blinka