On 6/1/07, James <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Mark Shields <laebshade <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I don't have access to a Gentoo box with X installed, so I can't test it
right
now, but some phone providers lock their phones (most notably Verizon and
Cingular).  It's possible your phone may be locked from responding to USB
communication.  Have you ever used it with the Motorola Phone Tools in
Windows?

I got kmobiletools-0.5.0_beta2 to install; I had to
unmask some files. When I try to
fire it up, it never appears. It is a beta release....
Documentation is also scant on kmobiletools.

Where do you download the windows software from?

I should at least get the phone talking under windows
before trying with Gentoo, I guess.....

James

Motorola Phone Tools aren't free; normally the software has to be purchased
through Motorola[1] or via your phone service provider.  You'll also need
other software, such as the drivers for the phone [2].  You can get them at
the motomodders website [3], which is dedicated to modifying Motorola
phones.

[1]
http://www.store.motorola.com/mot/en/US/adirect/motorola?cmd=catDisplayStyle&catKey=600960
[2]