Hi group.

For a 2.6.19 kernel w/ATI Rage128 card on a non-X box.
I've been experimenting with the framebuffer and
following the

http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Framebuffer:Bootsplash:Grubsplash

I'd like at the least for the entire page to appear in
elinks at once without having to scroll from side to
side to read something

Under graphics support I chose <*>vesa-tng and default
mode [EMAIL PROTECTED] Just guessing. FWIW using a
Mag-Innovision monitor XJ500T c 1996. Don't have a
clue of it's Hsync or Vsync specs.

I did emerge bootsplash but haven't config'd it yet.

According to a posting on this group I added

video=vesafs:1024x768-72:ywrap:mtrr

to the kernel line in grub.conf, installed the
bootloader and booted.

This is what

$dmesg|grep -i vesa

reveals:

Kernel command line: root=/dev/hda3
video=vesafb:1024x768-72:ywrap:mtrr
vesafb: ATI Technologies Inc., R128, 01.00 (OEM: ATI
RAGE128)
vesafb: VBE version: 2.0
vesafb: protected mode interface info at c000:441b
vesafb: pmi: set display start = c00c4489, set palette
= c00c44c3
vesafb: pmi: ports = c810 c816 c854 c838 c83c c85c
c800 c804 c8b0 c8b2 c8b4
vesafb: no monitor limits have been set
vesafb: invalid resolution, width not specified
vesafb: probe of vesafb.0 failed with error -22

And elinks page still scroll sideways :(

Can somebody enlighten me?

Maxim