maxim wexler wrote:
> Scuse me for jumping in mid-thread.
>
> I use old USR serial modems for dialup. I get em at
> the local thrift store for 5 bucks. Never had a
> problem. The lights _are_ useful. The switches on the
> back are set like this:
>
> HHLHLHHL
> 12345678
>
> Don't use wvdial. Don't use kppp. Use pppconfig.
>
> HTH
>
> Maxim

You're excused.  LOL    I suspect mine is a lot older than the USR you
have.  Bell South is looking for a v.90 or a v.92 compatible modem and
mine is neither of these.  Mine is likely about 20 years old, both from
the features it has and the looks of it.  LOL

I did try wvdial, kppp and pppconfig.  All did the same thing.  I may
give pppconfig a go with the other spare modem though, just to see if it
will do something.

My dip switch has 10 switches instead of 8 so yours is different.

Thanks for the info.

Dale

--
www.myspace.com/-remove-me-dalek1967

Copy n paste then remove the -remove-me- part.