Dale wrote:
> Alan McKinnon wrote:
>> On Thursday 07 June 2007, Dale wrote:
>>
>>> I'm doing my regular updates and got a strange error that looks like
>>>
>>> some dependency got missed somehow.  This is the error I got:

>> Odd. sane-config belongs to sane-backends, try re-emerge that one first,
>> then emerge xsane.
>>
>> What's the output of sane-config --version? (the thing may have gotten
>> deleted/trashed meanwhile by the elves/spooks/aliens/whathaveyou)
>>
>> alan
>>

> Yea, I thought it was weird when I searched the forums and no one else
> had this error.  Here is the info you requested:
>
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] / # sane-config --version
>> 1.0.18
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] / #
>
> I'll do some re-emerging and see what happens.
>
> Thanks
>
> Dale

OK, update.  I did a emerge sane-backends and then it has some config
files that needed updating and I did that.  After that, the updates ran
fine.   Maybe it just had to much to drink and got confused for a bit.

I did check the version above before I did the re-emerge though.  So it
had a good version but just didn't seem to know it yet.

Thanks for the help.

Dale