On 6/7/07, C Lee Davis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Mark Knecht wrote:
>   I don't see anything very strange in top while the splash panel is
> up. Somewhere along the way the panel finishes waiting for whatever
> it's waiting for, I see a flashing dialog window that cannot be read,
> and then I have the desktop with nothing on it. Just the panel at the
> bottom.

I got behavior like this recently when I updated libexif and failed to do a
revdep-rebuild... is that possible?

--
                             C. Lee Davis

This is in fact exactly what happened. I don't know why I didn't see
this. I was sure I had done a revdep-rebuild on that machine. I must
have been wrong.

Using the idea from James the terminal reported libexif wasn't
installed. Emerging it solved the problems.

Thanks to James and you for answering.

Cheers,
Mark