Bingo, fixed the problem by removing drm driver from the kernel.

Is x11-drm stable?

On 6/11/07, Hans-Werner Hilse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 12:39:36 -0400 "Andrey Vul" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> On 6/11/07, Andrey Vul <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > drm driver is part of the kernel; should I upgrade to -rc4 or
> > downgrade to 2.6.21.4?

I'm pretty unsure, but reverting to a stable version is at least worth
a try.

BTW: The drm drivers are developed out of tree, AFAIK. I don't really
know how good they're currently in sync. Gentoo has the "x11-drm"
ebuild for the out-of-tree drivers.

> [...]
> I'll try -rc4 first, if that doesn't work, I'll email my .config and
> Xorg.0.log (the driver details) to lkml.

Don't. You did understand that there doesn't seem to be any indication
in what you posted here? So why even bother wasting even more peoples'
bandwith? Examine the Xorg log file yourself, especially regarding
warnings and errors. If it doesn't contain any, you just need to tell
what card and driver you're using. On LKML, the .config /might/ be
interesting.

If you feel that it is absolutely necessary to make Xorg.0.log
and .config available, put them online on some kind of webspace. As a
rule of thumb: Don't attach large files to mails to mailing lists.

-hwh